Dr. Russell Samofal is a podiatrist specializing in foot and ankle treatment and surgery. He is board certified by the American Board of Podiatric Medicine and is affiliated with AAPPM. Dr. Samofal is a graduate of the New York College of Podiatric Medicine with 3 year surgical residency training at Millcreek Community Hospital in Pennsylvania in foot and ankle surgery. He also graduated with a Masters of Medical Education from the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine and graduated Summa Cum Laude from St. Francis College in Brooklyn, NY in Biomedical Science.
Dr. Samofal founded the Podiatry Center of New Jersey, LLC. and has an office in Wayne, New Jersey. It is conveniently located close to Franklin Lakes, Fair Lawn, Pompton Lakes and all other towns surrounding the Wayne area in Morris, Passaic, Bergen and Essex counties. Dr. Samofal has also been given surgical privileges at St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center in Paterson and Wayne NJ.
Dr. Samofal specializes in reconstructive foot and ankle surgery and has a special interest in diabetic foot care. He also specializes in all foot and ankle conditions including heel pain, broken toes, bunions and hammertoes. Click here for a full list of podiatric conditions treated at Podiatry Center of New Jersey.
Education and Training
- Residency: Millcreek Community Hospital in Erie, PA.
- Rotating hospitals
- UPMC Hamot
- St. Vincent Hospital
- Warren General Hospital
- WCA Hospital
- Podiatric Medicine
- Podiatric Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- General Surgery
- Wound Care
- Vascular surgery
- Infectious Disease
- Emergency Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Rotating hospitals
- Cambridge Health Alliance- Boston, MA
- St. Francis Hospital- Hartford, CT
- UMDNJ- Newark, NJ
- Morristown Memorial Hospital- Morristown, NJ
- Crozer Health System- Philadelphia, PA
- Long Island College Hospital- Brooklyn, NY
- Podiatry School
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) at New York College of Podiatric Medicine (NYCPM) in New York, New York
- Degree in Masters of Medical Education
- The Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine in Erie, PA
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Science at St. Francis College in Brooklyn, New York