Are you looking for a trusted pediatric podiatrist in New Jersey?
Children's feet have a higher risk of deformity and injury than adults as their bones are still soft. Badly fitted socks and footwear may lead to deformities. Bio-mechanical and postural abnormalities can cause pain from your child’s knees or legs to travel upward, i.e., the back. In addition to growth and footwear, significant weight gain can create problems pertaining to your child's feet as well.
If you are concerned with your child’s feet, it is important to seek professional advice right away. It is better to play it safe than to discover too late that treatment was required. Need medical assistance? Don't worry; Podiatry Center of New Jersey is here to help.
I love treating children because their feet are still growing. I can correct most underlying issues with orthotics to avoid the need for surgery in adulthood.- Dr. Russell Samofal
About Our Children's Podiatrists
Pediatric podiatrists are trained to provide specialized services for children who are ages one and above, and young adults. At Podiatry Center of New Jersey, we utilize a wide range of non-invasive testing techniques and gait analyses to diagnose and provide evidence-based management plans for your kid's podiatric health needs. Below is a list of pediatric podiatry services that we specialize in:
- Children’s orthopedic shoes at little or no out-of-pocket costs
- Treating in-toeing and out-toeing problems
- Managing high-arched or flat feet
- Diagnosing and treating foot and lower limb pain
- Diagnosing and treating ingrown toenails
- Diagnosing and treating disorders of the skin in the feet and legs
- Reviewing and treating sports injuries
- Analyzing patients' gaits and providing footwear and orthotic advice
- Performing general assessments of the foot
Common Pediatric Foot and Ankle Problems
Podiatry Center of New Jersey's kids' podiatrists have years of experience treating the following pediatric foot and ankle conditions:
- Soft tissue and skin-related problems, e.g., fungal toenails, athlete’s foot, plantar warts, soft tissue masses, and ingrown toenails.
- Joint and bone deformities.
- Congenital deformities of the feet and ankles in newborns.
- Ailments from the knee down, e.g., heel pain.
- Sprains and fractures.
- Puncture wounds and abscesses.
- … and more!
Experienced Pediatric Podiatrists Near You
Below are the locations of Podiatry Center of New Jersey. Pick an office near you:
- West New York: 6122 Bergenline Avenue, West New York, 07093
- Elizabeth: 95 Broad St, Elizabeth, NJ 07201
- Kearny: 301 Kearny Avenue, Kearny, NJ 07032
- Newark: 642 Mount Prospect Avenue, Newark, NJ 07104
- Passaic: 62 Central Ave, Passaic, NJ 07055
- Wayne: 510 Hamburg Tpke Suite 108, Wayne, NJ 07470
Understanding the Importance of Pediatric Podiatry Services
Foot pain is one of the most common musculoskeletal problems between the ages of 10 and 13. Foot disability and impairments can persist into adulthood as well. That is why spotting serious joint pains (e.g., juvenile arthritis) early is of the utmost importance. By seeking pediatric podiatry services, children can avoid these lower body issues in adulthood and lead healthy and active lifestyles.
Choose Podiatry Center of New Jersey for Top-Notch Pediatric Podiatry Services
Our pediatric foot doctors are highly experienced in treating children’s foot problems. Whether the issue was caused by an acute injury or has been present since birth, we have got your back (or rather, we’ve got your feet). Podiatry Center of New Jersey has treated many kids whose foot problems prevented them from participating in sports, dance and other physical activities. We also take it upon ourselves to educate our patients and their parents on developing healthy habits that will last a lifetime.
If you are looking for a podiatrist that provides gentle foot and ankle care at affordable rates, you have come to the right place. We are a top-rated podiatry practice on Google, RateMDs, WebMD, Zocdoc, Facebook, and Yelp.
If your child is in need of a pediatric podiatrist, do not hesitate to make an appointment with Podiatry Center of New Jersey today. Simply call our office at (973) 925-4111 to get started.