Dr. Michael Banh specializes in podiatric medicine and surgery. He graduated from California State University with a Bachelor of Science majoring in Cellular and Developmental Biology with a minor in Chemistry. Dr. Banh earned his degree in Doctor of Podiatric Medicine from Kent State University, College of Podiatric Medicine. He completed his three year surgical residency as chief resident at Southwestern Vermont Medical Center, Bennington, VT where he specialized in podiatric medicine and surgery with the added credential in reconstructive rearfoot/ankle surgery. He currently holds hospital privileges at St. Joseph’s Healthcare Systems in Wayne and Paterson, New Jersey. Dr. Michael Banh is Board Certified by American Board of Podiatric Medicine and currently holds a Diplomate status. Dr. Banh is also certified by the American College of Foot & Ankle Orthopedics & Medicine and currently holds a Fellow status.
Dr. Michael Banh is a compassionate physician and understands the importance of keeping his patients on their feet. He recognizes that every patient’s problems are unique and his treatments are tailored to fit each individual’s life style. Along with his surgical training, Dr. Banh is also experienced in wound care management, treating biomechanical/musculoskeletal issues with bracing and orthotics, sport injuries, and diabetic foot care.
In his free time, Dr. Banh enjoys the outdoors, fishing, hiking, and staying active. He enjoys volunteering his free time and his most valuable experience was his involvement as the Pharmacy Coordinator for Flying Samaritans for 3 years, where he helped operate a free medical clinic at El Hongo, Mexico.
Education and Training
Residency: Southwestern Vermont Medical Center, Bennington VT
- Rotating hospitals
- Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
- Columbia Memorial Hospital, Hudson NY
- Ellis Hospital, Schenectady, NY
- Samaritan Hospital, Troy, NY
- Saratoga Hospital and Surgery Center, Saratoga Springs, NY
- Rutland Regional Medical Center, Rutland, VT
- Emergency Medicine
- Hospitalist Medicine
- Infectious Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Podiatric Medicine and Surgery and Biomechanics
- Medical Imaging
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Wound Care
- Vascular Surgery
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) at Kent State University, College of Podiatric Medicine, Independence, Ohio
- Bachelor of Science majoring in Cellular and Developmental Biology and a minor in Chemistry at California State University in Fullerton, California