About Our Geriatric Podiatrists
Are you looking for a trusted geriatric podiatrist in New Jersey?
People don’t realize how much they use their feet. In fact, an average active person takes around 7,500 steps per day. By 75, you would have walked over 100,000 steps. Walking long distances, past injuries, or even wearing the wrong pair of shoes will all take their toll. If the skin around your foot or ankle has lost its elasticity and has reduced blood supply, we are here to help. Podiatry Center of NJ is a reputable provider of geriatric podiatrist services in New Jersey and the surrounding areas.
Podiatry Center of NJ understands that foot and/or ankle pain can ruin our patients' mobility and decrease their independence. That is why one should never ignore such issues if he or she wants to maintain healthy feet. Remember that geriatric foot problems do not have to keep you from enjoying your golden years. Our highly trained geriatric podiatrists will help manage any discomfort that our patients have and establish proper foot care habits to reduce future issues. Below are a few geriatric podiatry services that we specialize in:
- Providing diabetic foot screening services.
- Providing footwear advice.
- Using orthotics such as nail braces and toe splints, among others.
- Providing foot skin care services.
- Providing patient education as per individual's foot care needs.
Common Geriatric Foot and Ankle Problems
Podiatry Center of New Jersey's geriatric podiatrists have years of experience treating the following geriatric foot and ankle conditions:
- Fungal infections
- Ingrown toenails
- Heel pain
- Corns and calluses
- Dry skin
- Shortened Achilles tendon
- Flat feet
- Raised lesions (Seborrheic Keratosis)
- Foot and ankle blood circulation problems
- … and more!
Experienced Geriatric Podiatrists Near You
Below are the locations of our key NJ podiatry centers:
- Elizabeth: 95 Broad St, Elizabeth, NJ 07201
- Englewood: 17 Nathaniel Pl, Englewood, NJ 07631
- Hackensack: 327A Main St, Hackensack, NJ 07050
- Irvington: 1054 Springfield Avenue, Irvington, NJ
- Kearny: 301 Kearny Avenue, Kearny, NJ 07032
- Little Egg Harbor: 240 Mathistown Rd, Little Egg Harbor, NJ
- Newark: 861 Broad St & 642 Mount Prospect Avenue, Newark, NJ 07104
- Orange: 302 Main Street, City of Orange, NJ 07050
- Passaic: 62 Central Ave, Passaic, NJ 07055
- Paterson: 170 Market St & 362 Broadway, NJ 07522
- Perth Amboy: 202 Smith Street,Perth Amboy, NJ
- Plainfield: 112 E Front St, NJ
- Union City: 3803 Bergenline Ave & 4805 Park Ave, NJ 07087
- Wayne: 510 Hamburg Tpke Suite 108, Wayne, NJ 07470
- West New York: 6122 Bergenline Avenue, West New York, 07093
Understanding the Importance of Geriatric Podiatry Services
Our foot is one of the most complex body parts as it is comprised of 26 bones. The wear and tear that the foot endures over the years places a significant amount of strain and stress on it. Because the cells inside the feet hold less water as one ages, this change affects the ligaments, tendons, and collagen. If a bone, ligament, tendon, or muscle shifts out of place, it can lead to pain or other bony growths. Additionally, an elderly individual's healing ability lessens when circulation in his or her feet diminishes.
It is important to note that sedentary older adults who are no longer in the workforce are prone to developing problems such as callouses, pressure wounds, and other vascular diseases. Geriatric podiatry services are designed to mitigate these issues; preventing small problems from turning into bigger issues.
Choose Podiatry Center of New Jersey for Top-Notch Geriatric Podiatry Services
Podiatry Center of New Jersey is based in Northern New Jersey and specializes in a wide array of foot care and podiatry services. Our practice is recognized as one of the most established podiatry practices in the state and has a strong reputation for geriatric podiatry expertise. Our highly trained geriatric foot doctors are dedicated to improving our patients' foot health at very affordable rates.
If you or your loved one is in need of a geriatric podiatrist, do not hesitate to make an appointment with Podiatry Center of New Jersey today. Simply call our office at (973) 925-4111 to get started.