Having diabetes does not mean that you can’t enjoy all of the delicious foods that fall has to offer! From hearty soups to sweet treats, we have a list of some popular meals for everyone to enjoy.
- Pumpkin-Apple Quick Oatmeal – Warm, sweet and filling way to start off your day!
- Pear-Ginger Pancakes – A perfect way to incorporate seasonal fruit into your pancakes.
- Butternut Squash Stew with Chickpeas – You will have no problem finding this winter squash in stores this time of year.
- Pumpkin, Bean, Chicken Enchiladas – A delicious and filling combination of foods.
- Veggie Chili – You can never go wrong with a warm, nutritiously packed chili.
- Open-Face Spinach and Olive Melt – A perfect side or a light meal that’s still full of flavor!
- Roasted Carrot Soup – Warm yourself up with a fall flavor soup!
- Cinnamon-Spiced Cake – This moist cake boasts a secret fruit ingredient.
- Pear Rhubarb Crisp – A simple dessert to satisfy everyone’s fall cravings!
- Soft Snickerdoodle – Delicious soft cookies packed with nutritious fruits and nuts.
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie – Fall isn’t complete without a pumpkin pie!
Paying attention to your diet is just one of the many ways you can manage your diabetes. Complications related to diabetes are common, especially in the skin and feet, so having a team of experienced physicians to help you prevent issues are important in maintaining your overall health! A podiatrist is someone who can help with all foot and ankle related problems, and seeing one regularly is an effective way to prevent problems like infections, neuropathy, and ulcers.
Podiatry Center of New Jersey in Wayne is equipped with an advanced modern office and a dedicated podiatrist Dr. Russell Samofal and compassionate staff. Dr. Samofal has expertise in diabetes related issues and other common conditions such as foot deformities, heel pain, sports injuries, and arthritis. Schedule an appointment today by calling us at (973) 925-4111!