Superbowl Sunday is one of the most popular and anticipated sporting events of the year and this year is no different. On February 5th, the NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas will be hosting the event and over 100 million viewers are expected to watch.
Facts about this year’s Super Bowl LI:
- Each year the number of viewers increase and more than 70% of homes are expected to watch the Superbowl this year. Last year over 111 million viewers tuned in.
- Viewers are entertained not only by the game and halftime show, but also by the many special commercials that are aired. As a result, prices for commercial may rise up to an estimated 5 million dollars for a 30 second slot.
- Lady Gaga is headlining the halftime show.
- Fox news is airing this year’s event.
- Houston is hosting Super Bowl LIVE, which is a free interactive festival celebrating the NFL and Houston that offers music, events, food, and festivities from January 28th – February 5th in the downtown area.
- 10,000 volunteers will be assisting in hosting the NFL event.
- Over 4 million dollars are estimated to be donated to nonprofits through the NFL Charitable Giving Program.
- The mascot for this year’s Super Bowl is TD, which will be wearing a jersey with a “51 on it.
- Pizza sales are second highest on Super Bowl Sunday.
If you join millions of others to indulge in popular foods and drinks like pizza, chicken wings, chips and dips, and alcohol, be sure to stay safe and don’t ignore healthier alternatives. If you’re inspired to play some football yourself to celebrate the game, wear appropriate protective gear and avoid injuries by warming up and stretching.
If you are looking for an experienced, board-certified podiatrist in the Wayne, NJ area, Podiatry Center of New Jersey offers high quality foot and ankle care for all types of issues. Dr. Russell Samofal treats conditions such as sports injuries, heel pain, toe deformities, arthritis, pediatric and diabetic foot problems using advanced technologies. Call us at (973) 925-4111 for an appointment today!